BUSINESS: CIRCOR Naval Solutions
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: SR Manufacturing Engineer Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
Responsibilities include inspection, diagnostics, root-cause analysis, repair, rebuild, preventive/predictive maintenance, reacting to unplanned maintenance needs for production equipment, and general maintenance of utilities, buildings and grounds
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic issues of equipment and facilities including but not limited to CNC/manual lathes, vertical mills, horizontal machining centers, multi-axis lathes, surface grinders and thread grinders, and test equipment.
- Use of cranes, hoists, forklifts, man-lifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and snow removal equipment as needed.
- Use multi-meters, oscilloscopes, deadweight testers, pneumatic calibrators, meggers, motor diagnostic equipment, and other associated instrumentation to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting of station equipment. Use of a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Works in a responsible and productive manner to minimize downtime in the plant.
- Layout and machine parts if needed. Perform hand fitting, scraping, etc. as required.
- Maintains documentation of maintenance activities including but not limited to repair activities, parts inventories, labor, and observations.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Actively supports the companys continuous improvement activities including TPM and 5s.
- Follows all company rules and policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Will work with other groups and individuals to promote a team environment.
- This position will deal directly with parts suppliers, outside contract maintenance, Manufacturing Engineering and other service providers.
- Must be willing to field troubleshooting calls during off-hours, which may require coming into the plant to resolve the issue.
- Must be able to work extended hours, including weekends during busy times.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities.
- Ability to read and understand ladder and control logic, CNC programing, engineering prints, electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics. Work from drawings, sketches and samples.
- Use of shop mathematics and handbook formulas.
- Considerable judgement, attention to detail, critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all functions of the Colfax team.
- Must be a self-starter, be dependable, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- US Citizenship is required for DOD requirements.
Education & Experience
- Have HS diploma or GED equivalent plus 2 years advanced technical training or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of applicable and demonstrated experience of machine and facilities mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesJob Requirements: