Whatever it takes to make our residents feel at home – that’s what we do! We are passionate about providing quality apartments homes, in a respectful environment, across twenty key markets in the USA. We are a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), who has, for more than 25 years, built its business around a relentless focus on our customer and our award-winning culture.
Service/Maintenance Technicians make our apartment communities a great place to live.nbsp;nbsp;We take pride in the appearance and maintenance of our communities, and our residents tell us this is one of the most important reasons they choose to call us home.nbsp;
You will work at ournbsp;Plantation Gardens, 372 unitsnbsp;located innbsp;Plantation, FL.nbsp;nbsp;Check them out for yourself here:nbsp;www.plantationgardensapartments.com/
A bit more about what you’ll do…
- Provide exemplary service to residents and team members
- With general direction, perform routine maintenance and repairs (ie, replaces AC filters and light bulbs, repairs and paints walls, cleans common areas, assists with apartment turns, etc.)
- At least 1 year of maintenance experience, preferably in some form of facilities or building environment or relevant training/education program
- Entry level skills in two or more technical trades (plumbing, electrical, appliances, HVAC, carpentry, etc.)
As an Aimco Service Technician younbsp;mustnbsp;have:
- A reliable mode of transportation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, 7-day work weeks (depending on community needs and seasonality), and on-call shifts (at least one week a month)
- Comfort with physical activity as you must be able and willing to move heavy equipment and machinery
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
The most successful Aimco Service Technicians are:
- Spanish Speaking (preferred)
- Tech savvy
- Strong with mechanical aptitude
- Customer service oriented
- Highly organized
- Great trouble-shooters
- Advocates for teamwork
- Experts on attention to detail
Aimco offers attractive total compensation packages designed to recognize and reward performance at the individual, team and company levels. We start with a competitive base salary and add bonus opportunities and benefit choices topped off with:
- Quarterly bonusesnbsp;based on performance and customer satisfaction.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options available. HSA with company sponsored contributions, FSA (traditional and dependent care FSA).
- Short and long-term disability paid by the company.
- 401(K) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays,nbsp;Wellness Bonus Days,nbsp;and Paid Sick Time.
- Tuition Assistance Program.
- Commuter Benefits and Pet-Insurance.
- Up tonbsp;100% Reimbursementnbsp;on Professional Certification/Licensing for Job Related Curriculums.
- Discounted Rentnbsp;at Aimco communities (certain exclusions apply, and an application is required).
- Paid parental leavenbsp;of up to 16 weeks, following the birth or adoption of a child.
- Consumer discounts from various products and services including travel planning, wireless phones, health and fitness, home appliances, and more.
- 10 hours of paid time annually tonbsp;give-back to your community.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth including realistic job previews, in person and virtual leadership training, and performance improvement courses.
Aimco values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Aimco prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.