Maintenance Technician II - Durham, NC
+ **Please wait...**
**Date:** May 14, 2021
**Location:** Durham, NC, US, 27712
Requisition Number: 36288
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
The purpose of this position is: Performs routine and emergency maintenance on high-speed automated manufacturing and production support equipment. Performs various process improvements of machines and equipment, including molding/extrusion through packaging. Participates in troubleshooting, process improvement, and new equipment installation that vary in complexity.
This position includes significant duties such as:
• Troubleshoots equipment breakdowns and performs mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance whenever required to ensure uninterrupted customer supply.
• Repairs, rebuilds, adjusts, inspects, and monitors production and/or facility related equipment and machinery.
• Completes required preventive maintenance at defined intervals. Routinely assesses the suitability of such intervals and scope covered and revises when necessary.
• Works with Quality and Engineering to document repairs/changes made to equipment.
• Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory to support manufacturing operations – uses electronic means to track on-hand quantities, part numbers, and other reorder data.
• Supports validations from a mechanical support perspective.
• Supports all capital equipment projects (as the subject matter expert (SME) for maintenance) including specification, design input, testing, etc.
• Performs maintenance tracking activities in Maximo.
• Orders and obtains replacement parts in storeroom in support of preventive maintenance or proactive replacement efforts.
• Participates in Kaizen and Lean activities as necessary to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
• Complies with safety standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out and Zero-Energy.
• Complies with training in all manufacturing areas.
• Handles hazardous waste as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the department and company.
• Provides technical support to engineering team on equipment installations and upgrades.
• Trains/mentors other technicians in department.
Working Conditions: Exposure to high voltage. Lifts, pushes, pulls or moves equipment and machinery over 25 pounds occasionally, and up to 65 pounds rarely. Exposure to fumes and high frequency noise in manufacturing areas. Safety glasses and hearing protection are required on the manufacturing floor and other designated areas. Adherence to plant safety requirements, OSHA and QSR/GMP/ISO guidelines as applicable.
Education: Associates Degree or Technical Certificate program or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years experience with equipment maintenance in an FDA compliant manufacturing environment. Specific work experience required in use of Vision systems, electrical troubleshooting of circuits from low level signals up to 480 VAC, Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), and making modifications to Ladder Logic.
Shift: 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
**Nearest Major Market:** Durham
**Nearest Secondary Market:** Raleigh
+ **Please wait...**