Job Description: Manager
The Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Brass Tap beer bar. Key areas of responsibility include: guest satisfaction, staff training and development, effective cost control, shift management, product knowledge, ordering and inventory.
Staffing and Building Great Teams:
· Staff restaurant with quality employees who are committed to providing guests with exceptional service and beverage experiences.
· Manage team performance to achieve guest satisfaction and profitability.
· Provide training and recognition to employees at all levels and maintains a team-oriented culture.
· Train, evaluate, coach and develop all team members.
· Conduct regular staff and team meetings for ongoing product knowledge and service techniques.
· Develop internal candidates for shift leader and key employee responsibilities.
· Ensure guests receive superb experiences, fantastic beer offerings, entertainment and guest satisfaction.
· Display excellent recovery skills– ability to turn negative situations into positives.
· Personalized local marketing to build frequency and to build relationships with guests and the community.
· Manage entertainment to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere
· Maintain overall facility and sanitation to create a clean and comfortable environment.
· Ensure service standards and beverage quality are met
Beverage & Menu Results:
· Supervise daily operations to ensure beer offerings and product quality is maintained.
· Store and serve all beer and beverage items to The Brass Tap procedures
· Meet all equipment maintenance and sanitation procedures
· Serve Beer, Wine, Cigars and Food items to comply with all Federal, State and local regulations
· Manage product inventory and ordering to control Beverage costs
Financial and Administrative Results:
· Manage shifts to meet sales and labor projections to maximize profit opportunities
· Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals.
· Manage all beverage and food item cost controls.
· Responsible for governmental compliance, i.e., OSHA posting requirements, federal, state and local labor laws, required employee documentation.
Physical Requirements of this position include:
Constant standing, walking, bending, lifting, and carrying items (up to 50 pounds), reaching over shoulders, Work with sharp instruments and other kitchen utensils and tools, and working a computerized ordering terminal. The position also requires oral and written communication skills in English, numerical (cash handling and financial reporting) skills, eye-hand coordination, and manual dexterity. Often requires exposure to heat (100° or more), cold (50° or less), and chemicals (e.g., cleaning products). Works hours may vary up to 60 per week depending on seasonality.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making compensation decisions.