8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Manager of Corporate Strategy and will play a critical role in defining CarMaxs strategy. The primary responsibility is to successfully facilitate the strategic planning and implementation process, resulting in a clear, data-driven, and actionable Strategic Plan that positions CarMax for long-term leadership in the used automotive market. In doing this, the Manager of Corporate Strategy will work closely with top executives across the entire company. To be successful this person will need to have a deep understanding of broad industry and competitive dynamics, consumer trends, regulatory impacts, as well as CarMaxs competitive advantages.
This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical and management skills, the opportunity to play a leadership role in driving the strategy that will shape the future of a Fortune 500 retailer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Working with the Director of Corporate Strategy, facilitate the strategic planning process to establish company goals, define key strategies, & launch strategic initiatives; example tactics have included:
- Facilitate strategic offsites with the Senior Team
- Lead future state scenario planning brainstorms with top executives
- Support the scoping, opportunity sizing, and feasibility studies of new initiatives
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure the Strategic Plan will achieve all financial goals
2. Track progress against Strategic Plan goals and guide the process to evolve plans as appropriate
3. Assist the implementation of Strategic Initiatives by providing strategic support on key decisions and facilitating cross-functional alignment; previous examples have included:
- Early-stage strategy definition for launching a new store concept initiative
- Establish governance models to enable stronger omni-channel planning
- Coordination of strategy for a brand re-launch with overall corporate strategy
4. Work closely with the AVP of Strategy and COO to maintain a communications strategy to inform all executives on results from strategic initiatives as well as overall business performance
5. Work with many Senior Executives around CarMax to prioritize ongoing change projects
6. In partnership with the Director of Corporate Strategy provide Strategic Plan updates to the Senior Team & Board
7. Periodically conduct or facilitate ad hoc research to support special projects within Corporate Strategy or the Change Leadership Team
8. Along with the Corporate Strategy team, provide CarMax with ongoing insights on industry and competitive dynamics
- Track record of strategic thinking and proven thought leadership
- Ability to convert high-level business objectives into concrete action plans and analytical tasks
- Ability to assimilate numerous qualitative and quantitative inputs in the face of ambiguity and drill down to a good decision
- Ability to identify problems, generate solutions, evaluate alternatives, and lead team to make recommendations
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Ability to develop and execute a plan with high degree of independence
- Ability to deliver great results while simultaneously managing several projects
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively, and manage your time to meet goals/objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence across all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner through verbal and written methods
- Ability to summarize or present complex and/or technical information into easy-to-understand pieces
- Demonstrated success in analytical decision making
- Ability to apply business and technical knowledge to solve complex problems, produce results, and make recommendations
- Ability to lead problem solving sessions for larger groups with a wide range of stakeholders
- Analytical curiosity and ability to flex between big picture strategic thinking and sharp attention to detail
- Passion for delivering results on large strategic initiatives
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in a business or quantitative discipline with an excellent academic record; Graduate degree a plus but not required
- Four or more years of experience in an analytical role
- Experience with strategy formulation, articulation, and implementation
- Experience with advanced analytics and modeling preferred
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint; SQL experience preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinkingaround the way cars are bought and soldhas helped us become the nations largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Ouramazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences.Along the way,we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and areone of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.