**Business Title:** Manager, Modeling/ Quantitative Services
**Requisition Number:** 85566 - 31
**Function:** Tax Services
**Area of Interest:**
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world?s top professional services firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG?s extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it?s an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Business Modeling Services practice.
Our Business Modeling Services practice assists clients across various industries, advising clients on top-management level issues including M&A, capital markets readiness situations (SPAC, traditional IPO), restructurings, investment appraisals, strategic and management planning, and capital allocation. You will work closely with clients and provide the tools, rigor, and financial acumen they rely on to guide critical decisions. In doing so, you will have exposure to many aspects of corporate and project finance across a wide range of industries. Through formal training and by working on a variety of financial modeling projects, you will develop the technical skills and gain the commercial experience much sought-after by our clients.
As a Manager, you will spend the majority of your time in the supervision and development of custom Microsoft Excel-based financial models used to support clients with transaction-related or business planning and forecasting activities. When not delivering client work, you will assist with business development and practice development.
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and inclusive teaming through abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader working with multiple stakeholders across various functions
* Leads team in the building of custom financial analytical models, supports robust data and information analysis, conducts finance intelligence research, and undertakes advanced statistical and financial forecasting, scenario modeling and trends analysis
* Combines traditional management consulting skills with issues and techniques of applied corporate finance. This includes identifying issues, gathering and analyzing large financial data sets, developing dynamic bottoms-up and top-down financial models, and proposing and clearly communicating recommendations to C-Suite level executives
* Utilizes extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics
* Manages engagement economics to ensure profitable execution of the project
* Adjusts to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks
* Builds relationships to create exceptional client and people experiences and communicates confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts
* Provides ongoing support and development to the Business Modeling Services team through hands-on training on engagements and in the classroom
* 5+ years of related work experience; minimum of 2 years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
* Experience building financial analytics models and tools from scratch in MS Excel and experience with one or more of the following: VBA, MS Access, SQL Server, Data Visualization applications (such as Tableau, Power BI, or Spotfire), and Alteryx
* Prior knowledge working with a formal business modeling and analytics practice within an investment banking, commercial banking, financial planning and analysis, accounting, or consulting firm, or experience working within an in house-corporate development or FP&A team
* Expert at developing and explaining fully integrated 3-Statement financial models in Microsoft Excel
* Proficiency and experience creating board level and management ready presentations in Power Point highlighting key Client deliverables, findings, and solutions
* Strong fundamental valuation skills including exceptional understanding of both the income and market approaches
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field, OR a Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering r a related field, plus five years of related work experience involving financial analysis
* Flexible work location with travel required as needed to meet client needs
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link ( https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/us/pdf/2018/09/eeo.pdf) contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).