Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook continues its high growth rate, both in users and in the number of products and services we provide to support our mission to give the people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. As we scale, it is important that we build the best user experience in performance, reliability, privacy, usability, craft and more, across our Facebook family of apps and platforms. The work is as much about scaling our culture, as it is about scaling our infrastructure. If you are excited to work on all aspects of ensuring the highest quality experience in partnership with for all our app teams and enabling teams to build products that people love, come lead the Product Health Product Managers (PM) team at Facebook.
We’re looking for a Manager of Product Management to work with a team of PM’s to define strategy and drive execution across the entirety of the product health space. An experienced PM leader can empathize with a large number of user types, understand common problems and differences, and carve out a product strategy to create a cohesive whole from a complex set of products. This role offers a broad area of ownership, ranging from designing tools and systems for building high quality experiences to delivering better reliability and faster loading speeds for every user. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with teams across Facebook’s family of apps to define the overall quality strategy across our mobile and web apps and ensuring that user experience and scalability are front and center in everything we do. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of consumer products as well as a passion for product foundations, like speed, craft and usability, that are required to build truly compelling product experiences. You will be part of transforming an engineering focused organization into a world-class product team, and have the organizational experience and influence to champion this work across the company.
1. Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution for managing product health across Facebook’s family of apps, across all platforms.
2. Manage and grow a team of PM’s, while also expanding existing product work streams.
3. Drive product development with a team engineers and designers.
4. Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
5. Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
6. Coordinate and scale cross-functional efforts across the globe.
7. Understand Facebook’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry.
8. Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
9. Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience within a technical role or technical company.
10. 8+ years of PM experience.
11. 5+ years of experience as a people manager.
12. Experience in hiring and growing teams.
13. Communication and presentation skills.
14. Experience designing user interfaces and creating examples through wireframes and mockups.
15. Knowledge of the technical architecture of web applications.
16. Experience driving successful projects through effective time management, resource allocation and a data-driven approach.
17. Experience working and influencing effectively cross-functionally and building relationships across teams, including with people outside the direct reporting chain as well as senior executives.
18. Experience developing product health tools or developer tools.
19. Experience managing an organization of PM’s, including building and growing the team.
20. Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.