Manages, plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards. Individual is responsible for safeguarding product quality while meeting Company and regulatory standards and has oversight responsibility for a continuous quality improvement program that includes quality control while meeting or exceeding all quality standards. This person also has responsibility for communicating quality results and the transfer of quality and Quality Control knowledge to the workforce. Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize costs.
- Drives Continuous Improvement efforts in product quality/performance and process optimization.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability.
- Provides leadership in coaching, education and training of management staff and plant employees for Quality Control.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Investigates customer concerns regarding quality and make appropriate adjustments including response to customer and corrective actions.
- Establishes and maintains quality systems, inspections records and procedures.
- Works in conjunction with Purchasing to qualify new vendors, solve vendor quality concerns and continuously improve/build Company/vendor relationships.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Companys policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS is required preferably in Mechanical engineering (a combination of education and demonstrated work experience will be considered).
- AS9100 and/or ISO9001 hands-on experience; preferred experience transitioning from ISO to AS.
- Experience with metal or plastic products.
- Experience with organizational change.
- Demonstrated strong people leadership skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Strong MRP skills and experience required; AX Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- APICS preferred (CPIM / CIRM).
- Familiar with ITAR, RoHS, DFAR, and other government regulations.
- Six Sigma certified (Black Belt preferred).
- Familiar and experience in Aerospace and Military quality fields.
- 5 10 years of progressive production control management experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Office, Plant, Warehouse or Remote locations:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee is exposed to noise and aluminum particles. The noise level is usually moderate but hearing protection may be required in designated areas. The employee is required to wear safety glasses when in the plant. Conditions in remote locations vary, depending on the job requirements.
WHY WORK HERE?
- Competitive Pay Package
- Great Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Educational Reimbursement