Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
for this Position
Imagine being part of the team that develops the technologies, products and services that help our nations heroes keep our nation safe. The work is important. The challenges are career-defining. The opportunity is waiting for you at GDMS. We are ready to hire a Maritime Autonomy Device Interface Engineer to join our Autonomy Center of Excellence (COE). Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best products to our men and women in the military to help them protect our country. Our team works closely with a broad range of customers to develop autonomous solutions that allow our customers to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
THIS POSITION CAN BE PERFORMED AT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING GDMS LOCATIONS: McLeansville, NC, Quincy, MA or Fairfax, VA
What youll be doing:
Youll be working with a team of subject matter experts, Chief Engineers, Systems and Software Engineers to manage, grow and evolve our autonomous solutions. Throughout the lifecycle of the program, youll help ensure that the team provides the necessary research, design and development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new and existing programs. This position will rely on your passion for leadership, innovation, and sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications. In addition, we will rely on strong expertise and leadership in managing routine Builds, Unit Testing, Automated Testing, Architecture support, IRADs, and new business development.
What you need to bring to the table:
- Demonstrated ability in selecting, developing, and applying artificial intelligence and reasoning approaches to complex challenges.
- Experience with maritime acoustic, radio frequency and electro optic sensors, and the interface signals and control loops necessary to monitor and control them.
- Experience with maritime propulsion and electrical distribution systems and the interface signals and control loops necessary to monitor and control them.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate complex technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
What sets you apart:
- Ability to articulate challenges specific to Information Semantics, identify gaps in knowledge representation and implementation, discuss the critical issues, and develop and evaluate practical solutions
- Hands on information technology program/project management and software development experience related to building ontologies and knowledge representation systems and applications that use ontologies
- Experience with developing and applying artificial intelligence algorithms in application settings such as robotics, autonomous systems and decision support systems.
- Experience with RADAR, ESM, EO/IR, ASW Acoustics, Audio Acoustics, Engineering Control Systems, Integrated Bridge Systems, Voyage Management Systems
- Experience with Tactical Data Links - Link-16.
- Experience with Maritime Machinery Control systems.
- Experience with DDS/IDL
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran