The Material Handler I locates and loads by hand and with non motorized equipment customer product onto/from pallets, trays racks and shelves; counts, weighs and records number of units of materials handled; completes specialized order processing for loading by stenciling, shrink wrapping, labeling and consolidating as required on order; prepares trailers prior to loading product by inspecting and cleaning as needed to ensure product preservation; assists in building and grounds maintenance; assists in physical inventories.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Accurately locate and load, by hand and with non motorized equipment, customer product onto/from pallets, trays, racks and shelves according to established procedures and safety regulations.
* Count, weigh and record number of units of materials handled on daily production sheet.
* Complete specialized order processing for loading by stenciling, shrink wrapping, labeling and consolidating as required on order.
_Loading & Unloading_
* Remove samples of materials, label with identifying information and take them to a laboratory for analysis before loading.
* Load picked orders according to specifications and sequence on the customer-generated Loading Diagram or instructions, completing appropriate paperwork including Bill of Lading, Pick Report, Trailer Audit and Lot Verification.
* Unload, move, stack and stage customer products and materials by hand and with non motorized equipment, keeping appropriate records and reports.
_Operating & Maintenance - Equipment and Grounds_
* Daily inspect, repair, or make adjustments before operating tow-motor vehicles, following safety and maintenance instructions.
* Prepare trailers prior to loading product by inspecting and cleaning as needed to ensure product preservation.
* Assists in building and grounds maintenance to ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, neat, safe and orderly manner.
* Complete activity and statistical reports as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist in physical inventories, ensuring facility and contents are secure.
* Provide other services such as housekeeping activities, assembling crates to contain products and/or moving loose materials to containers as directed by supervisor.
* Participates in all Safety and 5S requirements
* Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for operational efficiency to improve business process, increase proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
* Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and orderly facility.
* Position requires the incumbent’s performance to meet and occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety, food safety, sanitation, quality, productivity and customer services.
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
* 1-2 years warehouse or related work experience
* Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures
* Ability to operate non-motorized equipment, conveyor systems, Warehouse Management Systems, Packing material systems
* Ability to write legibly
* Must have basic math skills
* Must have attention to detail
* Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
* Language skills - English
* Must be a Team Player
*Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Knowledge of distribution and warehousing preferred
* Teamwork — showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
* Respect — extending dignity and respect to all people.
* Integrity — fostering trust and a positive work environment.
* Innovation — bringing creativity to the workplace.
* Customer Focus — achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus.
**Organization:** **Region North America*
**Title:** *Material Handler I (CLS) (1st Shift) - Chester NY*
**Requisition ID:** *220000UL*
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.