Materials Planning/Purchasing Supervisor
Pay Type Exempt/Salaried
Work Hours 1st Shift
City De Pere
Description Key Responsibilities
• Supervise tasks and functions of Materials Admin Coordinator & Inventory/Receiving Control Administrator to track and manage inventory, safety stock levels, supplier stocking programs and VMI programs.
• Prepares and conducts performance reviews and resolves personnel issues, sets goals and identifies training and development needs.
• Administers company policies within group, demonstrating fairness and consistency. Fosters an environment that promotes safety, employee satisfaction, and retention.
• Consults with and obtains approval as necessary from Materials Manager on matters of significance i.e. performance, discipline, hire and termination.
• Complete JSA assessments and submit forms on a daily basis
• Plan, purchase, and schedule supplier deliveries to meet business needs based on MRP
• Provide timely feedback to cells, production and suppliers regarding materials availability
• Assist in the engineering change and release process to minimize cost and update suppliers
• Assist in development of new suppliers; reviews capability of new and current suppliers; sources alternate suppliers as back-up.
• Coordinate supplier quality issues, follow up on rework and maintain rework records
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining FIFO process
• Monitor and record quality issues and follow up with suppliers for corrective actions and to rectify for future production
• Act as Lead Supervisor in physical inventory process with assistance from other material supervisors and team members.
• Function as back-up supervisor in line stock, bin stock, vendor managed inventory and other warehouse activities to support customer orders.
• Represent team in meetings when needed and keep production schedules and other systems up to date.
• Attend all safety, employee and other mandatory meetings
• Follow company policies/guidelines and participate in Company programs.
• Ability to participate in Lean and/or Six Sigma team for process improvement
• Maintain a trained back-up at all times for major job functions to minimize potential disruption and impact on Operations
• Back up Materials Manager as needed – Other projects and duties as assigned
Critical Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities by Dimension:
• Knowledge of and experience in MRP system, preferably Oracle based
• Ability to take a leadership role
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus with proficient computer & keyboard skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize time, work and multiple tasks
• BA/BS degree in Business or related field preferred, or technical degree with equivalent work experience
• Experience or knowledge of supply chain management and purchasing fields
• Oracle experience is a plus
• Technical aptitude and ability to conceptualize technical applications
• Possess a strong work ethic, and the ability to follow instructions
• Ability to quickly and readily adapt to changes
• Willingness to lead meetings and conduct training
• Ability to lift 25-40 pounds using proper lifting tools and techniques
• Bending, stretching, standing, kneeling, twisting, and climbing
• Work environment requires the ability to wear identified PPE in work areas
At Cummins NPower, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
+ Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
+ Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
+ The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line (CanLogin.aspx?__JobID=*B84A1B62F505FBDE&__RT=*D356349294394CA3EAC10FEC2E7B083ED1CF357802EF15AAE4880009F6A3CCA24C2DB7CAF0369CC9)
Send This Job to a Friend
© Cummins Inc. All rights reserved. Cummins and its logo
designs are trademarks of Cummins Inc.