Mechanical Engineer (Middle River, MD)
· A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, or closely related technical field
· Knowledge of computer design and analysis tools, especially PRO/E CREO, AutoCAD, NASTRAN and ANSYS
· Mechanical design experience in structural design, fluid flow, environmental survivability of structures and electronic modules and analysis (structural, shock, vibration, non-linear and composite material analysis)
· Familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications
· Working experience with NAVISWORKS or ShipConstructor tools
· Ship equipment integration, Naval Architecture, and Marine Engineering experience
· Understanding of weight and VCG/KG impact on ship performance
· Working in a design for manufacturing environment
Tasks may include, but not be limited to:
Mechanical design tasks involving creating new designs or modifications to existing designs on a variety of naval, launching systems, and missile systems projects. Analysis tasks may include performing finite element and classical stress analysis of various components and assemblies across multiple naval and other platforms; performing preliminary and final analyses, part sizing, fatigue/fracture assessment, drawing coordination and sign-off, test support and correlation, analysis presentations, and documentation of analyses for deliverable stress and fracture reports; and performing analysis of discrepant hardware, components, or assemblies during on-going assembly and integration activities.
AS&T is an EOE - M/F/D/V AS&T Offers a first class benefits package, competitive salary and bonus incentives.
Visit Careers at Advanced Sciences and Technologies (AS&T)