We are interviewing Medical Biller to assist with cash and insurance payments at our client’s busy healthcare organization.
Our client is a Los Angeles based, non-profit tissue recovery organization. They administer the process of matching tissue donors with recipients, and offer additional services to those involved, such as bereavement counseling, application preparation, evaluation and more. This position offers a great opportunity to grow with this amazing team of caring and talented professionals who provide quality and innovative care to the surrounding multi-cultural community.
Medical billers use multiple software systems to submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid. Review and follow up on insurance payments, update insurance information and communicate related information to patients.
Ideal candidates bring solid medical industry experience, a dedicated attitude to ensure quality customer service and 3+ years’ experience in medical billing roles, with specific knowledge in Medicare/Medical, HMO/PPO and managed care.
Career Strategies Inc is a national staffing firm that provides temporary and direct hire staffing services to outstanding firms located throughout the United States. For over 28 years, we have helped thousands of talented candidates find fulfilling careers in a variety of industries including technology, entertainment, marketing, real estate, finance and accounting.
About the Position:
- Apply insurance and patient payments to patient accounts
- Adjust balances
- Release EOB’s and works error reports
- Follow HIPAA rules in all tasks
- Enter insurance and patient payment(s)
- Balance payment batch total(s)
- Prepare payment batches
- Communicate using clear, simple language about payment and record information
- Process cash, HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid and Medi-Cal payments
- EOB posting of denials, transfers, adjustments and recoup payments
- PCI compliant processing of Credit Card payments
- Identify trends and communicate with other departments as needed
- Review unapplied cash weekly and resolve with accuracy
- Assist with data retrieval and audits
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations
- Check eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures
- Review patient bills for accuracy
- Prepare and submit claims using billing software
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Call insurance companies regarding payment discrepancies
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Research and appeal denied claims
- Answer telephone inquiries
- Set up patient payment plans
- Special assignments
This is not a comprehensive list of duties.