We Are Hiring
MedicalTechnologist - Lab Microbiology Anc 001 - Full time, Evenings / 3:30pm to 12 midnight - Ascension St John Hospital, Detroit, MI.
Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits.
***Sign-on Bonus of $5,000 ***
As a Medical Technologist, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you! M
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan committed to providing care that treats the entire personbody, mind, and spiritwe've been a part of Ascension since 1999. We provide comprehensive prevention, primary care, and advanced treatment programs with more than 125 medical centers and seven hospital locations spanning four counties.
- More Than a Job:Working for Ascension is more than just a job. Its a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People:At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to performroutine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interprets, documents and reports test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results.
- Performinstrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conductquality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintainsupplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assistwith data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assistin documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP)credentialed from theAmerican Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC)obtained within18 Months (1 1/2 year)of hire date or job transfer date.Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP)credentialed from theAmerican Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC)obtained within18 Months (1 1/2 year)of hire date or job transfer date.Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Techcredentialed from theAmerican Medical Technologists (AMT)obtained within18 Months (1 1/2 year)of hire date or job transfer date.Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Bachelors degree or post-secondary Canadian diploma or post-secondary Canadian certification with 3 years of experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michiganis an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michiganprovides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michiganparticipates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)