POSITION: Site Mental Health Unit Director
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
**Up to $20,000 Sign on Bonus Available**
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Lead member of a multidisciplinary team; directs and supervises program psychologists and mental health staff by providing clinical direction, structure and support.
- Coordinates/leads weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocols, infection control practices, safety and security policies, and participates in disaster drills.
- Engages in internal/external audit preparation and review process as directed by the Site Mental Health Services Director.
- Completes Biopsychosocial Assessments, treatment plans, mental health reports and summaries, and attends weekly multi-disciplinary treatment planning meetings as scheduled.
- Supports and coordinates discharge planning and the referral when a patient/offender is discharged to the community, work release or elsewhere within the system.
- Ensures that the patient/offender mental health orientation of new staff, as well as patient/offender orientation is provided in accordance with all Health Services Bulletins.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Clinical Psychologist license required
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctoral level degree in Psychology
- Attended an American Psychological Association (APA) approved graduate training program and Internship
- Prior experience providing correctional/ forensic mental health services is essential
- Prior supervisory experience is required