Mohs Technician I (FT), Dermatology-MOHS Surgery
**Lebanon, NH, USA**
Post Date Dec 08, 2020
Requisition # 200003FG
Performs a variety of tasks associated with the logging, tracking, staining, and processing of tissue sections in the Mohs Micrographic Surgery Laboratory under the supervision of the senior technician.
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform Tissue Sectioning, processing, and embedding.
2. Responsible for the daily set up, break down and maintenance of staining equipment and understands the various chemicals used throughout the process and how they influence tissue staining.
3. Logs specimen and biopsies into daily log with appropriate documentation.
4. Conducts staining of sections and understands when chemicals need to be changed.
5. Demonstrates the ability to quickly learn Mapping Techniques that are used in the Mohs Laboratory.
6. Demonstrates the ability to retain routine staining theories, leading to reproducible and high-quality staining.
7. Must demonstrate proficiency in Embedding and Microtomy techniques.
8. Cleans all surfaces in the lab, cleans grossing set up and close inks and cleans and disinfects cryostats. Demonstrates an understanding of laboratory safety, including the ability to handle spills and the use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
9. Prepares labels and cards for the next day’s work and files slides on a daily and weekly basis.
10. Prepares new patient charts including pathology reports and clinical images.
11. Knowledgeable of lab protocols, where to find them and how to interpret them.
12. Assists with studies and experiments.
13. Troubleshoots problems and communicates them to senior staff.
14. Actively participates in ongoing training and improvement efforts.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
? High School diploma or the equivalent.
? Three (3) years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting
? Basic knowledge of computer software systems
? Demonstrates an ability to learn the use and proper maintenance of laboratory equipment, including the stainer and cryostat.
? Nationally recognized certification or other as approved by Lab Director preferred.
**Required Licensure/Certification Skills:**