Scot Forge Company History:
Scot Forge is a 127 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover, to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Scot Forge Company is looking to contract someone to perform Non Destructive Evaluation within the Inspection Department at the corporate facility in Spring Grove, IL. This position will work first shift, for a period of 12 months.
The Following are Unique Duties to this Role:
The time spent in each numbered description shown below in bold will be recorded and can be used towards Scot Forge NDE certification. Working from the guidance and direction of the Inspection Supervisor and NDE Level 3s…
1. Locate and stage work using overhead cranes and fork trucks.
2. Review shop orders for needed procedures, specifications, or technique cards. Print these documents and arrange them with the shop order.
3. Computer and data entry.
4. Prepare all parts that are staged for NDE testing.
5. Paint and oil coat parts.
6. Perform Dot matrix or vibro-etch stamping in accordance with customer guidelines.
7. Review the shop order or technique card for any needed reference standards and request accordingly.
8. Pick up, drop off, and maintain the reference standards within the department.
9. Based on the NDE work instruction, gather the needed equipment to complete a shop order. Arrange all materials in an organized fashion to present to the certified technician.
10. Assist in ultrasonic scanning and calibration.
Magnetic Particle Testing:
11. Perform the daily MT checklist at the beginning and end of each shift.
12. Assist with application of the magnetic particle media and/or movement of the electrical contact devices.
Liquid Penetrant Testing:
13. Perform the daily dye penetrant checklist at the beginning and end of each shift.
14. Perform the initial certified pre-cleaning mandatory to all dye penetrant procedures.
15. Assist with application of the liquid penetrant inspection medias and removal processes.
16. Monitor forgings under dwell times while certified technicians work on additional orders or forgings.
+ High School Diploma/ GED.
+ Knowledge of measuring devices such as tape measures and micrometers.
+ Experience using Microsoft Office products to generate reports and presentations.
+ Good technical writing skills.
+ Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
+ Forklift experience.
+ Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
+ Must be able to pass a pre-employment lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.)
+ Must be able to pass a 90 day head hair drug test.
We can also train someone who is interested in learning about Non Destructive Testing and who has worked in a manufacturing environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled