5-8 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the troubleshooting, assessment and repair of one of the following systems. Experience shall have been gained within the last 8 years.
- AN/USQ-187 GCCS-M 4.1.1
- AN/USQ-172 GCCS-M 4.0
- Demonstrate specific experience gained in the troubleshooting, repair and assessment on the following systems/equipment. While not required, the more experience gained on these systems may be more advantageous to the government. List specific amount of troubleshooting and repair experience after each system including no experience: Experience may be concurrent.
- AN/USQ-151 Joint Tactical Terminal (JTT)
- AN/USQ-152 TBMCS
- AN/USQ-188 Radiant Mercury
- AN/USQ-208 Consolidated Afloat Network and Enterprise Services - CANES
- Passive Link Tap (PLT)
3. While not required, attainment of special electronic repair skills / certifications such as basic soldering, wire-wrap, connectorization, fiber optics etc may be more advantageous to the government and should be so annotated in the resume(s).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.