Network Planning Engineer
Job Code: SIS20182009-27504
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL
This position will be responsible for providing Network Planning support to customer-funded programs and internal research efforts within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) business unit of Harris Corporation.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
Learn more about the end to end solution we provide for government and commercial organizations here: https://bit.ly/2vTHv9C
The Systems Engineer / Network Planning Engineer will support Ground Satellite Operations responsibilities as follows:
- Expected to contribute to all Enterprise Network engineering activities pertaining to CDRL's, trades, requirements analysis, management & compliance, design milestones (SRR, SDR, PDR,CDR) and test/verification activities.
- Responsible for heavily contributing to the system architecture/definition, CONOPS, Use Cases, Enterprise Network Performance analysis.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Responsible for analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Masters degree in engineering and a minimum of 4 years of previous experience in system engineering or a Bachelors degree in engineering and a minimum 6 years of previous experience in system engineering.
- An Active TS/SCI Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- At least 4 years of experience working on network system architecture, implementation, integration, and test.
- Hands on experience with network devices (Cisco, Juniper, etc).
- Willing to work in lab and field environments.
- Experience with customer and subcontractor technical interfacing.
- Domain knowledge of Network Management Systems & NetOps (NetBoss, Tivoli or equivalent)
- Domain knowledge of network technology and protocols such as OSPF, BGP, MPLS, LACP, FCoE, Metro Ethernet
- Network Security Technology to include encryption (HAIPE, IPSec, Juniper SRX, Cisco Nexus)
- IA and/or Networking Certifications (CISSP, SEC+, CCNP)
- Communication Systems
- Bare metal and KVM virtual environments (VMware, Ubuntu, RHEL)
- Network Device Configuration and Integration experience (Routers, Firewall, etc)
- Implementing and resolving security configuration associated with operations environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with other engineering disciplines.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations.
Please be aware this position requires an active TS/SCI Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.