To use your unique talents, experience, skills, education and enthusiasm to complete the Operations team and to recognize that your contribution is essential to the vision of Ring Container Technologies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Responsible for providing a safe environment to all production employees, visitors and temporary labor.
· Ensure all employees receive regular safety training in accordance with the safety training program.
· Ensure all employees and visitors receive and wear protective or safety equipment such as earplugs, hairnets, safety glasses or gloves.
· Coordinate safety training with Plant Safety Director.
· Document safety training and file accordingly.
· Continually monitor production floor and equipment for unsafe or hazardous conditions; report immediately and make appropriate corrections to repair, replace or quarantine unsafe condition.
· Ensure proper medical attention is provided immediately with any accident and perform accident investigation.
2. Responsible for producing the best quality product at all times.
· Ensure all production employees are properly trained to identify product for rejection, rework, etc, and all customers receive product that meet or exceed customer standards and expectations.
· Ensure all quality measurements are properly recorded in the NWA Quality Monitor at the scheduled intervals.
· Ensure all raw material lot numbers are properly obtained and recorded.
· Ensure all non-conforming products are placed on hold with proper hold documentation completed.
3. Responsible for maintaining a clean production floor and equipment.
· Perform daily audits of production floor and equipment cleanliness and make necessary corrections to maintain a ?showroom? condition.
· Ensure all daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are performed as outlined in the Master Cleaning Schedule.
· Maintain Master Cleaning Schedule documentation; initial completed cleaning tasks.
· Proactive in addressing housekeeping issues on the production floor and production equipment.
4. Responsible for achieving maximum production efficiency on all scheduled machines.
· Monitor machine processes and ensure any changes are justified and properly recorded.
· Monitor production efficiencies and make necessary adjustments to meet and exceed ?World Class? Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) standards.
· Perform shift inventories to ensure accurate production numbers.
· Record daily production, lot information, downtime summaries, etc, in Access Production Database.
· Proactive in addressing inefficiencies; communicate all equipment inefficiencies with maintenance personnel.
· Ensure Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) paperwork and inventories are properly and accurately completed.
5. Provide necessary training to all production personnel as it relates to safety, quality, production and equipment operation.
- Enforce Company Policy and Procedures with shift personnel.
- Monitor shift personnel activities as it relates to Company Policy and Procedure.
6. Maintain employee relations and records.
· Review time cards daily and approve authorized overtime.
· Maintain employee attendance calendars.
· Approve/deny and schedule accordingly all vacation requests, personal time, etc.
· Perform employee corrective and/or disciplinary action and maintain sufficient documentation to support such action.
· Monitor employee breaks.
· Schedule and conduct shift meetings regularly; document shift meetings.
7. Promote and participate in Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) events and projects.
8. Answer telephones and greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner consistent with Ring Container Technologies standards.
9. Support the development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of food safety, food defense, and quality systems to ensure compliance with third-party food safety standard guidelines (e.g. SQF or AIB).
Committee Member of the following:
- Safety Committee (encouraged but not required)
- Problem Solving Team
- Management Staff (as requested)
Key Job Performance Measures
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of NWA Quality Analyst data entry
- Monitor and document all scrap produced during shift
- Conduct weekly shift meetings with supporting documentation
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of OEE data entry
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all LN data entry
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
Our Production Supervisor should possess strong people skills, leadership qualities, managerial abilities, a sense of urgency, accountability, business ethics, professionalism, self-motivation and the desire and focus to improve the business.
Production Supervisor may be asked to perform all duties and responsibilities of an operator, line worker, maintenance mechanic or forklift driver.
Must be proficient in the English language both written and oral.
· Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
· Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
· Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
· Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
· Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.