*Must apply on our website to be considered*: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=26350&siteid=6930#jobDetails=567315_6930
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
$18.00/hour + INCENTIVES
**This job is for our facility in Santa Cruz, CA**
Night Order Selector job duties include:
- Review work schedule, obtain Vox audio communication system, tools and supplies required to perform the work, prepare for operations
- Observe and perform all work according to company safety standards.
- Perform a safety check on Power Jack to be used and insure that all other safety devices are functioning properly.
- Place pallets on Power Jack and operate along assigned multi-level racks and locate products according to order sheets or Vox Audio Communication System (where available).
- Manually place the appropriate stock items on pallet from 1st and 2nd level racks as required.
- Transport completed palletized customer order to shipping dock staging area.
- Ensure count accuracy, record counts on appropriate forms and visually inspect for damaged product.
- Hand wrap / auto-wrap completed pallet / customer order, label and ready the order for shipment.
- Rotate date sensitive stock, keep work areas clear and clean, complete work sheets' documentation as required.
- Remove empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles.
- Inspect empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with Power Jack or Forklift to the proper storage area.
- Rotate between selecting orders and loading trailer as assigned.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and keep warehouse area, loading dock and trailers clear and clean as required.
- Remove batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries, or attach re-charger and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Company Matched 401k
Vacation, personal, and sick time
Starting pay $18.00 with incentive
Watch the following video for more information on the Night Order Selector position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Pml5hIfqo
Are you fast and accurate? Do you have attention to detail?
This is the job for you- great pay for your awesome skills!
Here is what your shift may look like:
- Picking product to get it ready for our customers (cases of food and foodservice items weighing up to 90 lbs)
- Sharpening your master puzzler skills by building pallets with cases and figuring out the strongest, most efficient patterns
- Demonstrating your cool headed driving skills on our motorized double pallet jack
- Hustling- constant walking, stepping up/ stepping down and moving product in this fast paced, physically demanding environment
- Modeling your warm and cool layered clothes- work in extreme cold or hot conditions
- Meet required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines
- Transport completed palletized customer order to shipping dock staging area. May be required to shrink-wrap pallet for staging
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift.
Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift.
Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry.
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift repeatedly throughout shift
- Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e. cooler, freezer and dry
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- 1-2 years warehouse and/or distribution work experience using a motorized pallet jack
- Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
- Motorized pallet jack certified
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.