Responsible for seeing that approved standards of resident care are maintained throughout the facility in compliance to established policies and procedures. Primarily responsible for the quality of nursing care given in a particular area of responsibility at St. Vincent de Paul Residence.
• Responsible for day to day operation and activities of the Nursing Department on assigned tour. Ensures that resident care delivery is in compliance with all policies and procedures of the facility.
• Delegates responsibility for direct resident care activities to Head Nurse/Nurse in Charge of each unit. Responsible for supervising, evaluating, counseling, and disciplining personnel on assigned units. Responsible for monitoring performance of agency nurses and ensuring that they comply with the facility policies and procedures.
• Responsible for ensuring continuity of care 24 hours, 7 days a week. Receives report from previous Nurse Manager for all nursing units and gives report to oncoming Nurse Manager prior to leaving a tour of duty. Follows up all identified issues.
• Responsible for problem identification and resolution at the unit level. Keeps the Director of Nursing/Assistant Director of Nursing informed of residents status through verbal communication and written reports.
• Makes daily rounds, visits every floor of responsibility and checks acutely ill residents, admissions, and follows up on residents Nurse Manager identified on reports. Performs regular rounds of residents and nursing staff to become aware of any problems which might occur.
• Checks Nursing schedule to determine adequacy of unit staffing. Provides for adequate need; confers with Assistant Director when indicated.
• Holds a brief conference with Head Nurse or Nurse in Charge daily to elicit any problem which may require immediate attention.
• Review Resident care plan with Head Nurse or Nurse in Charge of each unit.
• Assist nurses with admissions/transfers and all emergency situations
• Helps Head Nurse or Nurse in Charge assess resident needs and identify nursing procedures and approaches that will influence resident progress and/or maintain optimal level of resident functioning.
• Assist physicians as needed. Ensures physicians conduct their required visits and provide adequate care for the residents
• Performs a total physical assessment of all critical residents, and new admissions.
• Ensures correct preparation of death certificates if residents expire. Makes sure that all documentation regarding death is complete.
• Ensures proper handling of incidents/accident reports and checks to see that documentation is accurate, complete, and that proper follow-up is performed. Informs AND of all accidents/incidents.
• Is present on at least one floor daily during serving of meals to ensure proper feeding time and procedures. Attends weekly meal pass as indicated.
• Performs periodic audit of charting and documentation. Assures proper execution of physician's orders and that all admission work is completed.
• Ensures correct narcotic count and documentation of controlled substances on each unit.
• Notifies pharmacy immediately if there are any errors in medications. Sees that medications get to the floor nurses as soon as possible.
• Deals effectively, professionally and tactfully with resident and family complaints.
• Maintains staff morale and promotes their working together as a unified team.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing practice standards and personnel policies.
• Participates and supervises the planning of resident care and care conferences.
• Performs quality assurance studies, audits and compiles reports and information as needed.
• Attends scheduled Nurse Manager meetings. Submits weekly and monthly report to AND of statistics, meetings and other pertinent information.
• Meets with personnel from other departments to provide communication and coordination of services as needed.
• Promotes staff development by ensuring attendance of personnel at in-service to ensure continuity fo all, improve techniques and procedures and acquire new or additional knowledge in the care of the residents.
• Attends regular meetings with the Assistant and Director of Nursing.
• Attends continuing education classes, seminars, workshops to maintain professional competency.
• Participates in in-service training.
• Performs direct resident care and other job related duties as requested.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree required.
• Advanced education preparation is desired.
• Five years of experience in the delivery of nursing care and two years experience in Nursing Service Administration.
• Current license to practice registered professional nursing in the State of New York.
Street: ArchCare at San Vincente de Paul Residence
Shift Start Time: 7am
Shift End Time: 3:15 pm
# Hours: 37.5
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/
Post End Date: 9/30/2022