Utilizes advanced knowledge and clinicalexpertise to provide specialized
health care to individuals, families, groupsand communities across the health-
illness continuum. Additionally, functions as a consultant,
educator,researcher, resource and role model for patients, families,
community, nursingand other health care providers. Practices within the legal
scope of practice.
* Assesses the health status of patients by performing a comprehensive health history, physical examination and the collection of various data to analyze and formulate appropriate diagnoses and a problem list.
* Implement appropriate interventions which may include pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, invasive procedures, education, counseling, and initiating healthcare and community referrals.
* Evaluates and documents patient attainment of expected outcomes. Coordinates and facilitates continuity of care. Acts as a patient/family advocate to ensure that healthcare services are delivered in an ethical and culturally sensitive manner.
* Provides education opportunities to develop and enhance performance, problem-solving and critical thinking skills of the nursing staff. Designs, implements, coordinates and evaluates materials and programs for clients, healthcare professionals and the community. Precepts, teaches, coaches and mentors students, nurses and other healthcare providers.
* Utilizes continuous quality improvement to effect system changes. Supervises clinical practice to ensure effective, efficient quality care delivery.
* Registered nurse licensure topractice in the state of Michigan.
* State of Michigan Nurse SpecialtyCertification as a Nurse Practitioner.
* Current Controlled Substancelicense required.
* Master's degree in nursing.
* Two years clinical experience as aprofessional nurse.
* National certification in advancedpractice nursing specialty from one of the following certification bodies: AmericanNurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), National Certification Board of PediatricNurse Practitioners and Nurses (NCBPNPN), National Certification Corporationfor the Obstetric & Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing Specialties(NCCOGNS), American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), Oncology NursingCertification Corporation (ONCC)
* Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the KarmanosCancer Institute as an Allied Health Professional through the Karmanos CancerInstitute Medical Staff Organization. Application for Allied Health Professional credentialing must be submittedto the Karmanos Cancer Institute Medical Affairs Office upon hire.
* Prior to obtaining privileges through the Karmanos Cancer InstituteMedical Staff Organization, the nurse practitioner may: See patients under thedirect supervision of a nurse practitioner, who has obtained privileges throughthe Karmanos Cancer Institute Medical Staff Organization, or the attendingphysician. And prescribe medications and treatments, and order diagnostic testsas a delegated responsibility from the attending physician. The orders will be written as verbal ordersand must be co-signed by the supervising nurse practitioner or attendingphysician within 24 hours.
* In accordance with State of Michigan administrative rules R338.10403,Only nurses certified in a nursing specialty field may hold themselves out tothe public as nurse specialists using the title nurse anesthetist, nursemidwife, or nurse practitioner.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
**Primary Location: **Michigan-Detroit-Karmanos Cancer Cntr/Instit
**Work Locations: **
**Job: **Health Professional
**Organization: **McLaren Health Care.
**Job Type: **Standard
**Job Posting: **Jan 16, 2020, 6:18:25 PM