Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
Department: Ob/Gyn Gynecology Oncology
Location: Houston (TMC)
FTE: Full Time
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Performs relevant patient assessments and physical examinations.
2. Coordinates, directs, and implements patients plan of care.
3. Orders, conducts, and interprets pertinent laboratory and diagnostic studies and procedures.
4. Makes medical recommendations and/or referrals.
5. Formulates, implements, and evaluates an outcome-based treatment plan.
6. Maintains appropriate records detailing the patients treatment plans and outcomes.
7. Facilitates patient education relating to medical processes, medication, nutrition, and health promotion.
8. Collaborates with patients, families, other clinicians, and referral services to assist in the patients recovery.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse
Current Texas Licensure as an APRN-NP, and specialty certification as required by department
Current Texas Licensure and National Certification as Physician Assistant
Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certified
Masters in Nursing as NP or Masters degree in Nursing with completion of a post-masters Nurse Practitioner Certification Program.
1 year acute care experience preferred.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code 51.215