Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient Psychiatry
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
New York City Health + Hospitals / Coney Island announces its search for an Inpatient Psychiatrist Nurse Practitioner. NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health system in the United States which proudly serves all New Yorkers. Coney Island Hospital serves a large, growing and diverse community in Southern Brooklyn. Soon to be the home of a brand new State of the Art Inpatient Clinical Services Building and Campus.
We are currently accepting applications and referrals for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners to work in our Acute Adult Inpatient Unit. This is a full-time position, 5 days a week, 40 hours. The NP works collaboratively with the attending Psychiatrist and is responsible for the provision of compassionate and evidenced-based psychiatric care to patients. There is also an opportunity for additional per diem (hourly) assignments.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
* Masterrsquo;s Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
* Licensed to practice as a NYS Nurse Practitioner with Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Experience and Qualifications:
* Demonstrated interest and clinical experience in treating acute psychiatric inpatients with the goal of stabilization, education and linkage to care.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team setting.
* Familiarity with high-risk patients and cultural sensitivity in community settings.
* Willingness and ability to teach and act as a preceptor to allied health students and trainees.
* ANCC or equivalent required within 12 months of hire