Seattle area Medical Center is looking for a Manager - Multidisciplinary Clinics (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) in Seattle, WA.
This role provides management for the daily operations of the First Hill Cancer Treatment Center, First Hill Innovative Therapeutics Unit (Clinical Research), and the Ballard Medical Treatment Center. He/she is responsible for managing all assigned clinic and support staff, developing and implementing policies, processes and procedures to improve financial performance, patient/clinic workflow and patient experience, attainment of departmental financial and productivity goals, and administration of assigned budgets. This is a co- management position that will partner with another clinical nurse manager.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications in this position includes:
- Work with directors, managers, peers and staff to plan and implement concepts, which promote “ Best Practice” across the Swedish Cancer Institute and SMC spectrum.
- Utilize personal skills to manage self and others to effectively achieve goals and meet timelines. Able to lead, mentor, and be an active role model to departmental staff.
- Work within contractual and budgetary boundaries to effectively staff department while maintaining a culture of safety.
- Using leadership, creativity, positive attitude, and a high level of interpersonal skills, collaborate with Medical Oncology staff to improve quality and support clinical “ Best Practice.”
- Manage KRONOS, staff overtime and dependability.
Preferred qualifications in this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in BSN from an accredited school of nursing.
- 7 years experience in an oncology out-patient clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities.
- 5 years charge and/or supervisory experience.
- Current WA State license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS required.
- Oncology Certified Nurse certification required within 6 months of hire.
About the First Hill Campus:
- Master's Degree in Health Sciences or Business.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.