About the Clinton Foundation
The Clinton Foundation convenes businesses, governments, NGOs, and individuals to improve global health and wellness, increase opportunity for girls and women, reduce childhoo???d obesity, create economic opportunity and growth, and help communities address the effects of climate change. Because of our work, more than 31,000 American schools are providing kids with healthy food choices in an effort to eradicate childhood obesity; more than 105,000 farmers in Malawi, Rwanda, and Tanzania are benefiting from climate-smart agronomic training, higher yields, and increased market access; more than 33,500 tons of greenhouse gas emissions are being reduced annually across the United States; over 450,000 people have been impacted through market opportunities created by social enterprises in Latin America, the Caribbean, and Asia; through the independent Clinton Health Access Initiative, over 11.5 million people in more than 70 countries have access to CHAI-negotiated prices for HIV/AIDS medications; an estimated85 million people in the U.S. will be reached through strategic health partnerships developed across industry sectors at both the local and national level; and members of the Clinton Global Initiative community have made more than 3,500 Commitments to Action, which have improved the lives of over 430 million people in more than 180 countries.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org , on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn .? Overview
The Clinton Foundation is seeking a Temporary On-Call Line Cook creates an exceptional culinary experience for guests through the preparation and presentation of our menu. The On-Call Line Cook will prepare food according to standardized recipes and specifications while maintaning the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen including all floors, equipment, workstations and walls. Must maintaining a healthy/clean restaurant that impacts patronage at Forty Two. Must properly addressed Food Safety and follow Federal regulations. Responsibilities
- Prepares food according to standardized recipes and specifications with attention to sanitation, safety, and quality. Maintains a clean work space at all times.
- Maintains inventory levels and advises supervisor of low inventory items; Assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Complies with all policies and standards/procedures applicable to the position, including attendance, time, quality control, and other standards.
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- He/she follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- A Line Cook assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served.
- He/she is responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes is also done by the Line Cook.
- He/she is tasked to track and report any food waste.
- A Line Cook must handle, store and rotate all the products properly.
- All Line Cooks are assigned to prepare dishes for costumers with food allergies or intolerances
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, a professional diploma or food services management.
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience required including food preparation.
- Applicant must also have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience and must demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, presentation and food cost control.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities.
- Ability to work in noisy and distracting conditions.
- Forty Two functions seven days per week, and more than twelve hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
Physical and Other Requirements
- Occasional lifting of heavy (> 20 Lbs) objects, bending, pulling, collating/filing, and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy (>20 Lbs) or require the use of carts.
- Able to withstand hot temperatures for long periods of time while operating standard cooking equipment as designated by the station.
- Ability to move about facility, stand for extended periods of time, and able to bend and stoop.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Clinton Foundationmaintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or associated with the positions.