WE BRING THE WOW!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement and every detail in between we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Under the direction of the Sr. Operations Manager/Operations Manager on assigned shows, or show areas, assist in coordinating and developing all operational aspects of Show-Site FreightOperations. which is inclusive of Loss Prevention, Safety, Freight, Logistics, Marshalling, Freight Docks, Freight Billing And Auditing. Deliver the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible.
- Manage assigned show, or assigned area on show to ensure direct costs are at or below plan.
- In conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager, proactively develop fullLabor plansfor assigned shows to ensure planned labor and show margins are met or exceeded.
- In conjunction with the Senior Operations Manager, ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labor, and rental equipment is preformed to ensure accurate invoicing, for the purpose of capturing all revenue.
- Attend and conduct pre-show operational meetings with the account teams as needed for the purpose of developing Operational Service & Safety Plans for the upcoming show.
- Implement GES SOPs and Best Practices, and pro-actively develop, test and share process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with OHSA, DOT and Safety Requirements.
- Ensure damage and loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
- Coordinate activities with vendors and facilities.
- Coordinate activities with the house and logistics carriers.
- In conjunction with Senior Operations Manager, review all labor calls and staffing plans on assigned shows to ensure they are fact based and in alignment with the operational plan, the customers budget, and service requirements.
- Track job progress and make on-site plan adjustments to ensure customer service and show margins are achieved.
- Manage the labor and productivity tracking and reporting process. Assist in show labor analysis.
- Manage all operations involving Union personnel within the guidelines and spirit of the current contract.
- 3-5 years of tradeshow industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel as required.
- College degree preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills
- Up to (3) years experience in an operational environment
- Must be detail oriented, excellent communicator, a team player and a self-starter understanding team goals.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and overtime as required.
- Performs work in an office or warehouse setting
- Also will be required to performs work on the tradeshow floor, in noisy and crowded areas
- Requires working both alone and with others in a team atmosphere
- Requires working with union and non-union employees
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
401K with company match
Career development program
Tuition reimbursement program
Employee assistance program
Community involvement opportunities
And much more