ABF Freight?is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ABF Freight?family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an?Operations Supervisor?to join the ABF Freight?team. The Operations Supervisor ensures all service center operations work is performed according to approved company procedures, standards, and specification. This position supervises all activities of service center workers, and supports personnel engaged in loading and unloading activities.
Your contribution may include:
* Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated with timely, damage-free and safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts.
* Maintain appropriate load plans and ensure proper load balance for safe vehicle operation.
* Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading schedules.
* Coordinate work assignments and monitor performances.
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary recommendations, as needed.
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and visiting customers.
* Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of hazardous materials.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals.
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As the Operations Supervisor, you will be a member of the?ABF Freight Service Center Operations?team. Your work hours for this position will be scheduled to support the 24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours depending on workload.?Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Prior service center, transportation or other relevant field experience, preferred. Prior supervisory experience, preferred.?
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn new systems quickly.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org?or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.