Orientation Staff: Greeter / Driver
Camp America is seeking seasonal Orientation Staff members who are positive, welcoming, and have a passion for customer service. For nearly 50 years, Camp America has provided the very best in cultural exchange for campers and camp staff since 1969. Camp America participants spend a night at our orientation hotel before heading off to their respective camps throughout the United States to share their culture with others.
As a member of the Orientation Staff, candidates will work at our Arrivals Hotel in Fairfield, NJ around May 23rd– June 30th. You will get the opportunity to meet university students from around the world while gaining valuable work experience! This is the perfect seasonal job for those interested in the fields of international relations, foreign studies and languages, hotel management, travel and tourism, and more. We are looking for a few people that are very customer service driven. The ideal candidates must be responsible, comfortable speaking in front of groups, energetic, hard-working, and quick on their feet. Every day we have new participants departing and arriving, so a positive and welcoming personality is crucial. Flexibility is a MUST.
What you need to know!
- You will be responsible for greeting and transporting groups of international students
- You will work at our Arrivals Hotel in Fairfield, NJ starting around May 22nd until June 30th (Memorial Day Weekend off!)
- Hours vary week to week, but during the busiest weeks you have the opportunity to earn overtime!
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no special license required)
- Housing is available for those who live out of town in our hotel
- Perfect for those wanting summer work but have commitments in July or August
Benefits you’ll get!
- Opportunity to meet university students from around the world
- Gain valuable insight into the cultural exchange community
- Perfect your customer service experience
Here’s some more details:
Candidates will be responsible for greeting and transporting small groups of participants between the New York City area airports, other transportation centers in New York City, and our orientation hotel. You will also be responsible for helping with hotel check-in and completing general office duties as assigned. A company van will be provided. Must be OK with early morning and late night shifts, schedules vary – we do operate every day, so flexibility in schedule is a must. Please note: Drivers must have a valid driver’s license (no special license required) and a clean driving record; 21+ preferred. You will need to report to our Fairfield, NJ hotel each day. Housing is available for those who live out of town.
This is the perfect seasonal job for those interested in the fields of international relations, foreign studies and languages, hotel management, travel and tourism and more.
Interviews for this position will be held at the Fairfield, NJ hotel or Stamford, CT AIFS office location, skype or phone interviews are also available.