Tacoma Screw Products is a distribution company that sells industrial supplies, fasteners and tools to contractors, small and large businesses and individual retail customers since 1946.
We have a unique blend of Wholesale and Retail Customers. Because of this, are not open during the typical "Retail Hours". We are closed on nights, Sunday, and Holidays.
We are seeking customer service sales people who are driven to be the best in their field. They love to interact with individuals who want to get the best quality products at the best prices from the most knowledgeable staff. We hire people who take pride in their appearance, their store and their product knowledge. Customer service is number one and so are our people!
This position will be based out of our Idaho Falls Store; 1835 North Yellowstone Highway, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
A day in the life:
Our Outside Sales Team services existing and prospective customers at their place of business to assist them with the selection, purchase and application of a wide variety of fasteners, industrial hardware, tools, maintenance and shop supplies. Typical industries include transportation-heavy equipment, maintenance and repair departments, sand/gravel pits, and machine shops. The most successful Outside Salespeople have outstanding customer service skills, excel at building and maintaining relationships, is well organized and able to keep track of multiple customers and orders. This role will include travel, including occasional overnight travel.
Outside Sales Responsibilities: Demonstrate good customer service by delivering as promised and keeping appointments and pre-arranged schedules.
- Listening to customer needs, requests, solving problems, and the ability to identify new product opportunities.
- Product knowledge, special product requests, product pricing, and knowledge of competitive landscape.
- Develop and document an effective and efficient route management system for your market area.
- Service numerous customer locations throughout the day in order to deliver and put away orders, which includes lifting and carrying products into and out of customer locations and setting up bins.
- Manage Customer orders; understand remote order entry system, maintain paperwork for accurate orders, document pricing schedules, returns and billing information.
- Respond to requests for quotes consistently and timely.
- Develop and document a marketing plan for current and new customers; establish written goals and plans for increasing sales through new and or promotional products, sales of 'specials', includes a consistent and regular schedule of contact.
- Establish positive working relationships with internal business partners; Branch Manager, Inside Sales, Purchasing staff, Warehouse personnel and other support staff.
- Operate and maintain company vehicle using safe driving techniques and following company guidelines for maintenance and repair. This position requires lots of windshield time.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to meet insurability requirements
- At least 2 years of Retail Experience; preferred in an industrial setting
- Outside Sales Experience preferred
- Solid math, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Must be well organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to move quickly to pull, load, and deliver orders to customers
- Must be able to stand & walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle safely for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform the physical demands of this job
- Ability to use hands to keyboard for customer orders and to look up inventory