MercyOne CentervilleCenterville, Iowa
**Requisition ID** 2020-140657 **Employment Type** Full Time **Department** Rehab Services PT / OT / Speech **Hours/Pay Period** 80 **Shift** Day **Standard Hours** 8-5
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
**Essential Key Job Responsibilities**
1. _Evaluates and treats patients requiring PT services (including the application of topical medications used in treatment modalities) to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations in a variety of settings._
2. _Establishes and reviews: Plan of care; Goals and priorities with team (including patient/family); Treatment in response to changing patient needs; Educational needs of patient/caregivers; Discharge plan/follow-up care needs for patients in all settings._
3. _Supervises PTA, aide, tech or other support personnel to ensure proper compliance with plan of care and manage patient outcomes._
4. _Utilizes electronic medical records, Microsoft Office and other computer-based systems._
5. _Completes accurate and timely supporting documentation according to hospital policies._
6. _Coordinates care with physicians and/or other allied health professionals through various communication methods, including: phone, email, in-person or written._
7. _Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelines with respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships. Demonstrates professional accountability per the Physical Therapy Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice._
8. _Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication with team members through the continuum of care._
9. _Assists with organization and cleanliness of patient treatment areas according to clinic policy and standards._
10. _Participates in clinical program development and/or training of staff by planning and presenting educational programs for department, hospital, and/or community._
11. _Advocates for the profession through memberships, affiliations, continuing education, community service and/or legislative support._
_Performs other duties as assigned by management._
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Minimum requirement of B.S. in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution eligible for licensure in Iowa
**Required Licensure and Certifications**
Valid driver’s license, Mandatory reporter abuse training, BLS for healthcare provider, Physical Therapy license from the state of Iowa
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimal requirements that are required to graduate and become a licensed Physical Therapist
Clinical experience is preferred but not required
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,
pleaseclick here. (https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/35300/img/v1\_0/EEOLawPoster.pdf)
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.