Under the management of the Director of Engineering, the painter will perform a variety of semi-skilled duties patching, repairing and painting to ensure the hospitals physical appearance is kept to the highest standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Assists in Facility Maintenance
- Patch, repair and replace wall coverings
- Repair and replace ceiling tiles
- Maintain a clean work area
- Reports equipment and areas in need of repair to Supervisor
B. Computer/Customer Support
- Log time & supplies appropriately on Work Order System.
- Assists callers with painting and wall covering issues and inputs work order into Work Order System.
- Make routine building rounds of the facility
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all painting tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of painting materials.
- Knowledge of the safety issues related to painting products.
- Knowledge of wall repair of drywall, plastered, stucco and other types.
- Knowledge of different types of paints as required by applications.
- Knowledge of the use and proper safe handling of common hand power tools
- Operate hand tools
- Operate power tools to perform job.
- Functions effectively under pressure and meets time parameters.
- Ability to follow simple diagrams
Core Competencies: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these behaviors:
Ethics & Values
Integrity & Trust
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in the patching and painting trade
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Work usually performed in an extremely high temperature and noisily environments.
- Work often in tight working conditions.
- Work often requires lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Work from ladders.
- Works in environments with high amounts dust.
- Works in environments which might put them at risk of exposure to blood borne pathogens or TB. Employees are trained to always use Universal Precautions in these environments.
- Works with chemicals related to the Physical Plant.
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern Californias fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our districts nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Requirements: