The People Service Representative (PSR) is the primary contact for all employees with questions. This includes onsite for their location and supporting other locations via other modalities. Employee questions and inquiries will frequently be about employee benefit programs and payroll, but the expectation is to also answer other questions about several topics or support the employee to help them get the answer and follow up to ensure they receive an answer.
With exceptional customer service and a “Right First Time” attitude, the PSR will utilize resources, tools, policies, and procedures to respond to employee questions and resolve issues accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with the People Service Center (PSC) Customer Service Guidelines.
· Regularly be on the plant floor to build relationships, trust with employees, and engage so questions and issues can be acted upon proactively.
· Support the team to collaborate with employees locally for workers’ compensation and leaves of absence.
· Respond to all inquiries from employees in person, via phone, video call, email, or text. This includes functioning as backup or additional support to other locations. Identify customer questions, complaints, concerns, or overall needs. Provide accurate and timely answers to inquiries and concerns.
· When supporting employees, determine the best way to meet their needs and where they are the most comfortable. In some cases, it may be fully supporting them, in other cases they may prefer to learn how to help themselves (e.g., call a vendor directly or learn to make a change in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) by themselves).
· Enter all issues and inquiries into the ticketing system, ensure proper coding is added, an owner is assigned, and the ticket is followed up until resolution is complete and communicated to the employee or family member. Follow up with the appropriate leader of Center of Excellence (COE) if delays occur in responding to elevated situations.
Perform all work in accordance with the established PSC Customer Service Guidelines.
· Refer or escalate more complex inquiries (via the ticketing system) to the appropriate Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the applicable Center of Excellence (COE) team or a member of the payroll team for payroll matters.
· Provide onsite support and work with teams for benefit and wellness events (e.g., mobile mammogram, Flu Clinics, etc.), leave of absence meetings, payroll programs, preparing benefit coupons, rollout of new employee programs, etc.
· Assist with New Hire Benefits Orientations and be available to answer any questions during the orientation. Ensure all new hire benefits materials are provided to new hires before the benefits orientation.
· Work with the Wellness and Benefits Coordinator to order benefits materials as needed.
· Process transactions based on inquiry from an employee (e.g., order new medical/dental/vision ID cards, support employees with self-service tools, etc.).
· Facilitate and collect feedback mechanisms (e.g., surveys) to obtain data for improvement.
· Responsible for being compliant with all applicable Federal, State and Local regulatory rules (e.g., ERISA, Department of Labor, Wage and Hour) and company plan documents, policies, and procedures.
· Perform other related work as assigned.
· It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
This position has no direct reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals must be willing to work a flexible work week to ensure coverage for the entire plant.
The individual must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of three shifts of employees.
o Associates Degree (A.A.) from a college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Minimum one year HR experience.
o Customer experience required.
o Experience with a Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) preferred.
o Experience with benefits, payroll and absence management preferred.
o Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
o Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work with individuals of diverse educational, generational, ethnic, and economic backgrounds in a respectful manner.
o Solid research skills. Must be able to locate and analyze information and communicate it effectively.
o Strong organizational and time management skills.
o Proven attention to detail, sense of urgency, excellent follow-through, ability to successfully manage multiple priorities concurrently.
o Ability to manage sensitive information with the strictest of confidentiality.
o Strong people skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
o Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
o Commitment to excellence and high standards.
o Must have solid Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and internet navigation skills.
+ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies, procedures, etc.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures in both English and Spanish.
+ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
+ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
+ Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision working on a computer.
Office environment and manufacturing plant environment. Exposed to noise.
Some travel may be required to other locations and to the Petaluma office. In California, the individual must support two locations in Santa Rosa, CA and one location in San Jose, CA
Requisition ID: 2022-1950
External Company Name: Amy's Kitchen
External Company URL: https://www.amys.com/
Street: 221 Phil Meador Avenue
Work Flex: No