Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Practice where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare is a fully integrated health system includes a tertiary-care teaching hospital, an acute-care community teaching hospital, an acute-care hospital and trauma center, three community hospitals, the states most extensive behavioral health network, a large multispecialty physician group, a regional home care system, an array of senior care services, a large physical therapy and rehabilitation network and an accountable care organization.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is a physician-led practice affiliated with Hartford HealthCare, Connecticut's finest full-spectrum health care system. With 250 physicians and advanced practitioners offering Primary Care, Urgent Care, Walk-in services, and more than 30 different specialties in 60 offices, we enjoy an excellent reputation with patients and the medical community, and best-in-class operations and business management.
We seek an experienced Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to provide expert, patient-focused care to our patients in both short term and long term care facilities.
- Diagnose, prescribe and treat within the scope of the Nurse Practitioner and consistent with standard of care.
- Manage patient care in Short term Rehab units focusing on acute issues and that relate to recent hospitalizations as well as in Long term care and Memory care units in SNFs on a longitudinal basis, with the primary objective of delivering proactive chronic disease care and significantly reducing avoidable hospitalizations
- Partner with the patients primary care provider and specialists to deliver integrated care.
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs all clinical duties with observing OSHA Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations.
- Experience in Geriatrics or complex patients or SNF (1- 2+ years)
- Active/unrestricted license and DEA
- EMR experience(Currently we use EPIC)
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment .
Requirements include current CT Nurse Practitioner (APRN) license.