Under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Requires Indiana Pharmacy Tech-In Training OR Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Requires Pharmacy Technician National Certification within one year of hire unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
• Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
• Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
• Requires ability to learn basic pharmacy technician skills in assigned areas and work under close supervision or under clearly defined procedures.
• Requires ability to learn effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires ability to learn and execute customer service skills.
• Requires basic proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications.