Job Title: Physical Therapist
Department: Day Kimball HomeCare
Position: 40 hours
Organizes and administers prescribed physical therapy programs in an effort to reduce and/or prevent disability and to assist patients in achieving maximum functional potential.
- Evaluates and treats patients as prescribed by referring physician
- Records treatment, response, progress and discharge information in patient's chart or enters information into computer
- Educates patient, family and significant others regarding condition, treatment and home program
- Routinely confers with physician and other practitioners in person, by phone, or in writing, regarding progress, regression or change of plan
- Orients, instructs, and directs assistants, aides and students
- Assists with the planning and implementation of new programs
- B.S. Degree and graduate from an accredited school of Physical Therapy required
- Connecticut License or Connecticut License eligible required
- Valid Connecticut Driver's License and proof of current insurance coverage required
- CPR certification required
- Minimum of one year clinical experience preferred
Day Kimball Healthcare is a non-profit, integrated medical services provider comprised of Day Kimball Hospital, healthcare centers in Danielson, Dayville, Plainfield and Putnam, Day Kimball HomeCare, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT, Day Kimball HomeMakers, and Day Kimball Medical Group. Its service area includes Northeast Connecticut as well as nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Day Kimball Healthcares comprehensive network offers more than 1,400 employees including nearly 300 associated, highly-skilled physicians, surgeons and specialists. I ts website is daykimball.org.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Affirmative Action / equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.