Job Title: Physical Therapist
Department: Physical Medicine
Hours: Perdiem In-Patient weekend coverage
Organizes and administers prescribed physical therapy programs in an effort to reduce and/or prevent disability to help patients achieve their maximum functional potential.
- Evaluates and treats patients as prescribed by referring physician.
- Records treatment, response, progress and discharge information in patient's chart or enters information into computer.
- Educates patient, family and significant others regarding condition, treatment and home program.
- Confers with physician and other practitioners in person, by phone, or in writing, regarding progress, regression or change of plan.
- Orients, instructs, and directs assistants, aides and students.
- Maintains professional growth by attendance of department meetings, in-service and educational conferences.
- Participates hospital orientation and departmental and community in-service education and programs as directed.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of new programs.
- BS, MS or DPT degree from an accredited program in Physical Therapy required
- Licensure by the state of Connecticut required
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certification or equivalent within 3 months of hire required
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.
Day Kimball Healthcare is a non-profit, integrated medical services provider comprised of Day Kimball Hospital, healthcare centers in Danielson, Dayville, Plainfield and Putnam, Day Kimball HomeCare, Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern CT, Day Kimball HomeMakers, and Day Kimball Medical Group. Its service area includes Northeast Connecticut as well as nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island communities. Day Kimball Healthcares comprehensive network offers more than 1,400 employees including nearly 300 associated, highly-skilled physicians, surgeons and specialists. I ts website is daykimball.org.
Day Kimball Healthcare is an Affirmative Action / equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.