Job Number: 182688
Department: General and Thoracic Surgery
Hours: 8-4:30pm - variable - no call
Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, Washington is recruiting a Fellowship Trained BE/BC Breast Surgeon to join our team in care and leadership.
Our team is a highly skilled group of breast specialists that approach breast care in a personalized and well-coordinated team approach. Our multi-disciplinary team includes expertise in medical oncology, radiation oncology, genetic counseling, radiology, pathology, plastic surgery and breast surgery. We use cutting edge surgical techniques and are one of the few medical centers providing Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy (IORT) to our patients. Our physicians have the opportunity to work with a well-established and coordinated practice, access to a breast surgery database and database coordinator for research pursuits, and an ability to mentor and teach future surgeons through our surgical residency program.
* A weekly multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Conference (Tumor Board) providing recommendations for all new and postoperative patients.
* A dedicated breast health nurse practitioner focused on nonsurgical breast patients in Breast Clinic.
* Dedicated breast radiologists who perform mammography, ultrasound and MRI exams and core biopsies with each of the modalities.
* A dedicated breast cancer nurse coordinator.
* Access to partial, full and intra-operative breast radiation.
* A large volume reconstructive service with a full spectrum of reconstructive choices.
* Leadership opportunity within the Virginia Mason Cancer Institute
* BE/BC in Breast Surgery
* Fellowship training in Surgical Oncology or Breast Surgery
* Ability to obtain a medical professional license in the State of WA
* Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for specific practice
* Oncoplastic breast surgery training/experience
* Experience with/willingness to learn Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
* Experience in breast cancer clinical trials and outcomes research
In addition to the subspecialized breast team listed above, our breast surgeons are part of our larger General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery department consisting of 19 surgeons, 6 advanced practitioners and 30 surgical residents. This dynamic group of providers practices in multiple sites across the Puget Sound area and has a robust focus on academics, education and a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Finally, our Breast Cancer services are supported by the Virginia Mason Cancer Institute- providing cancer wellness, support along with access to clinical trials to patients in the Pacific Northwest (Commission on Cancer Accredited since 1941).
About Virginia Mason
Virginia Mason, established in 1920 in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent health care organization focused on delivering quality services to our patients. We have a 336-bed hospital in Seattle and multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 450 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best practices and a model that is the benchmark for other medical organizations. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters-your patients.
Living in the Pacific Northwest
Located in the Pacific NW, Seattle is an area with a mild climate year round and close to the great outdoors where we enjoy an abundance of activities with our close proximity to the waters of Puget Sound and surrounding mountains. City life and cultural activities are also thriving. With a variety of neighborhoods and areas to work and live, there are many choices for the type of lifestyle you'd like to enjoy.
Please, apply online or contact Stephanie Collins-Russell at 206-341-0149.
"Each Person. Every Moment. Better Never Stops."
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.