Physician - Family Practice job in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued!
- Monday-Friday days
- Malpractice provided
- Competitive Employment Package
Physician - Family Practice job Overview:
- Multiple positions serving military personnel in Honolulu and Kaneohe Bay
- Become familiar with and understand the requirements of the Department of Defense TRICARE Program.
- Carry a beeper during normal work hours and respond to all Codes when in the clinic.
- Perform a full range of physician services in an outpatient family practice clinic providing care to the military families
- Direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges.
- Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
- Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
Physician - Family Practice Job Qualification:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Graduate from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada.
This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) at the time the degree was obtained (e.g. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC), College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC). A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any US state.
- Board Certification in Family Practice
- 3 years of experience in a family practice setting within the preceding 4 years or have completed a Family Practice residency training program within the preceding 2 years.
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date and award notice.
Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
FSR (Federal Staffing Resources) https://fsrpeople.isolvedhire.com