This position is located at one of the IHS facilities in the Great Plains Area in the Medical Staff Section of the Indian Health Service. The purpose of this position is to provide direct and comprehensive primary, preventive and therapeutic medical care to individuals across the lifespan.
ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications will be reviewed starting on February 25, 2019 and every 10 business days thereafter until filled.
Learn more about this agency
- Assess, plan and provide direct and comprehensive primary, therapeutic and preventive medical care to individuals (geriatric, adult, adolescent, pediatric and infant).
- Make diagnosis and decisions concerning medical needs of patients, formulates and implements plan of care which may involve various treatment modalities, prescribe medications, and consult with other Healthcare providers.
- Provide care and preventive services to healthy individuals, including guidance in nutrition, illness prevention, accident prevention, growth and development.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to develop treatment protocols, standards of practice and policies for ongoing quality improvement activities for quality patient health care.
- Document data, patient assessment and care plan in electronic health record. Teach and counsel patients and family on disease prevention and health maintenance techniques.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
12 Job family (Series)
0603 Physician Assistant Similar jobs
- Assistants, Physician
- Physician Assistants
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial periodQualifications
ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period
U.S. Citizenship is required
Must pass pre-employment examination.
Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
This is a designated position covered by Public Law 101-630, requiring contact or control over Indian children. Upon tentative selection, selectee will be requested to complete, sign, and submit the Addendum to OF-306, Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form. Due to this requirement, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
Confidential Financial Disclosure Form required.
Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain medical staff clinical privileges, including any licensure requirements. If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
On-call hours or standby duty may be required.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: 12/31/2019
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S) :
Individual Occupational Requirements
All applicants must meet the following basic requirements for all grade levels:
- Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Successful completion of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and re-certification.
For all grade levels and positions, applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician Assistant from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Basic Requirements for the GS-11 (or equivalent) Grade Level
In addition to the requirements for the GS-9 (or equivalent) level, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
Basic Requirements for the GS-12 (or equivalent) and above Grade Level
- Completion of Doctorate of Physician Assistant Studies, Doctorate of Science Physician Assistant (DScPA) or equivalent; or
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree in a related health field and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program. Examples of related doctoral degree programs include, but are not limited to, public health; allied health field; public health education; or other related health science programs; or
- A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the GS-9 grade level and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program as described above.
A minimum of one full year of work experience as a certified physician assistant equivalent to the next lower grade level and completion of an accredited physician assistant educational program is required.
You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. Federal employees in the competitive service are also subject to the Time-In-Gr