Req. Number: 36508 Category(s): Nursing: Advanced Practitioner/Mid-Level
Department: Emurgent Care-Saugerties Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Shift: Multiple Requirements / Description:
EmUrgentCare Saugerties, NY
Imagine how good it would feel to provide state-of-the-art care to people who really need it.
We are seeking a motivated Physician Assistant to join our Saugerties EmUrgentCare team that ensures our patients receive exceptional care!
We offer a friendly team-oriented work environment centered on efficient, compassionate patient care. Our flexible scheduling options include convenient 12 hour shifts as well as competitive pay and benefits. Together, EmUrgentCare creates a work-life balance for our staff and a high-quality environment for our patients that we take pride in.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities include:
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, principles or theories of neurology, microbiology, physiology, psychology, human disabilities, pharmacology, gerontology, human growth and development, human developmental disease, and medical terminology as appropriate in an urgent care setting and as appropriate for level of medical licensure.
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical examinations, collect clinical data including vital signs, collecting specimens, prepare patients for tests, therapy, or treatments, order and interpret medical laboratory test results, diagnose medical condition of patient, administer medications or treatments and perform minor surgery.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Complete accurate patient coding for effective billing, maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports, and maintain inventory of medical supplies and instruments.
- Serve as a resource and team leader during clinical shifts to ensure the smooth flow of patient processing, treatment and discharge including patient triaging.
- Act as a mentor to new staff and/or physician assistant students.
- Registered Physician Assistant with valid NYS license and registration. Valid and current DEA license.
- Current and continuous certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
- Successful completion and maintenance of ACLS.
- Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical recordkeeping and billing system.
- Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
Shift: (3) 12 hour shifts/week (9am-9pm)
Weekends required: Yes
Holidays required: Yes
EmUrgentCare, Albany Meds Division of Urgent Care and Community Outreach, will treat over 140,000 patient visits in 2018, from infants to geriatrics, our fast-paced walk-in facility offers a warm, family-friendly environment. Albany Med EmUrgentCare is located in rural upstate New York in the midst of breathtaking foliage, minutes to major ski resorts and golf courses, with easy access to metropolitan amenities. Our urgent care centers are located in Saugerties, Coxsackie, Glenmont, Colonie, Brunswick, Latham, Mechanicville, Glenville, Niskayuna, Rotterdam, Guilderland and Clifton Park. EmUrgentCare holds an accreditation from the Urgent Care Association of America (UCAOA).
Albany Med is the premier health care system in Northeastern New York. It is the regions only academic health sciences center, comprised of Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany Medical College, the Albany Med Physicians Group, and affiliate hospitals Saratoga Hospital and Columbia Memorial Health.
Anchored in the beautiful and historic City of Albany, New York, Albany Med is the regional safety net hospital. It is the regions only Level I trauma center for more than three million people in 25 counties and is home to the regions only level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and the regions only pediatric emergency department and childrens hospital. Albany Med employs the largest group of world-class specialists and subspecialists in northeastern New York.
Albany Meds mission is to provide unparalleled adult and pediatric patient care, high-quality medical education, and biomedical research that results in medical innovations.