Employee Type: Full time
Location: IL Chicago
Job Type: Finance Plant Accounting
Job Posting Title: Plant Controller Tier 3
To provide finance leadership by maintaining solid internal controls, providing timely and accurate financial reporting, and analyzing operational performance and results; facilitate management decision making and strategic planning; and participate as a key member of the plant management team. The successful candidate will be tasked with working hand-in-hand with the operating groups to improve plant operation. Establish the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness across the accounting and finance department. The scope of the position includes accounting, financial reporting and analysis, SOX compliance, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, inventory accounting and controls and Supply-Chain activities.
- Lead the plant in the generation of timely and accurate:
- SOX Compliance
- Monthly closes
- Consolidated financial statements
- General accounting matters
- Financial, cost, inventory and productivity reporting
- Key Performance Indicators and other Metrics
- Cost savings and performance tracking
- Annual audits
- Capital Expenditure Proposals
- Operational metrics
- With accounting and manufacturing management, establish effective product cost standards, yield targets, purchasing standards, OH flex budgets, and address variances with management. Support inventory management by providing timely reporting of aging inventory and appropriate cycle counting of inventory.
- Lead the inventory management function in an automated environment including third party warehouses, cycle counting, FIFO management, inventory dispositions, and excess and obsolete inventory management.
- Direct the completion of monthly and long-term financial plans including (as appropriate) balance sheets, income statements, cash flow projections, capital plan expenditures, profit and loss analysis, department budgets, and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain company policies, procedures and practices relating to the management of all accounting related functions including cost accounting, accounts payable, auditing, billing, payroll, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting.
- Oversee and assist with the plant accounting functions including:
- Analysis to improve/update allocation of costs to machines to improve pricing decisions.
- Train employees on the cost system to improve understanding.
- Develop and prepare financial, analytical and operational reports to facilitate the decision-making process and capital expenditure proposals
- Lead and/or participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
The most significant duties have been included in this description. This does not preclude the assignment of occasional additional or developmental duties. The company reserves the right to modify this job description as needed to accurately reflect duties assigned.
- Lead the processes of plant budgeting, planning and forecasting - Determining and detailing long and short-term financial goals and expectations, how the plan will be executed month to month specifying expenditures, and using accumulated historical information to predict future financial outcomes
- Leadership Skills -demonstrate good leadership skills; provide support to the finance and accounting staff; able to effectively lead a cross-functional group; support career planning and development initiatives.
- Strong Analytical Skills - quantitative and qualitative analysis; ability to identify the significant factors of an issue; employ creativity in identifying causes, implications and remedies; demonstrate a balance between theoretical and practical solutions. The ability to turn around large amounts of data and make a meaningful and practical presentation to non-financial stakeholders.
- Initiative - ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills - efficient and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization; builds and maintains strong relationships with peers.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree Required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
Specific experience required:
MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), SAP, MRP and WMS.
General and Cost Accounting Experience required
Previous Plant Controllership preferred
Certification/Licensure Required for Job: (list below)
CPA or CMA preferred
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.