Plant Engineering Supervisor
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology companyspending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The I.S. Facilities Data Center Supervisor's primary responsibility is to protect UPS's Information Technology assets, including the Enterprise data center building, and the power and cooling infrastructure equipment. He or she must provide or develop cross-discipline expertise to directly supervise the operation, inspections and repairs, as well as develop procedures, for the power and cooling infrastructure. This will ensure 100% uptime of all operating I.T. Equipment.
The I.S. Facilities Data Center Supervisor will provide:
- Proper management of the raised floor environment, including Critical Power Distribution (e.g. redundant power architecture & load management).
- Planning of equipment locations.
- Management of under-floor power and data cabling and proper delivery of cooling air to I.T. racks.
- Knowledge of the available capacity of the raised floor power and cooling infrastructure equipment.
- Facilities Engineering skill set, including housekeeping management, project management, environmental and safety compliance.
- Supervision and management of all aspects related to the I.S. Facilities Group, including completing work by directing administrative personnel, in-house staffing, and outside service vendors.
- Planning and organizing skills, focus on results, strong written and verbal communication skills, coordination team working skills and analytical abilities.
Primary Skills:Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Visio, Single Line Schematics
Additional Skills:Data Base Query, SQL, MS Access Programing
The desired Plant Engineering Supervisor will possess a Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in education and work experience.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law