The PSU Nurse has the responsibility to provide all nursing care services for the post surgical patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. This position is assigned to respond to patients presenting to the facility Emergency Department with a healthcare need and providing the Medical Screening Exam as delegated by the Medical Executive Committee
PRN - Night Shift 7p-7a
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs direct patient care within scope of RN practice and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for patients based on individual, specific patient needs, and according to physicians orders
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient / family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients but especially post procedure or surgical patients to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Responds to patients presenting to hospital with healthcare need and perform MSE follows policies and procedures for follow-up.
- Follows all documentation policies
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN highly preferred
- Current Texas RN License
- Current BLS, must get ACLS within 6 months of hire
Specific Job Experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience as an RN in a hospital Medical/Surgery or ICU Unit
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patients psychosocial, educational and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age appropriate manner in the pediatric, adolescent, adult and/ or geriatric patient population.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Good organization habits.
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit
- Experience with Electronic Healthcare Records
Job Location Fort Worth, Texas, United States Company Location Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth (10803) Company Location Description U.S. Hospital Position Type Full-Time/Regular