I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists in the supervision of daily operations to ensure operational efficiencies and adherence to clinical protocols and departmental policies and procedures.
• Performs administrative and patient care functions and activities to support the physician practice as assigned.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Continuous: lifting to ½ pound, seeing, hearing, speaking, grasping, fingering.
• Frequent to continuous: sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping below waist level, squatting, twisting, reaching above, at and below shoulders, repetitive arm/hand motion, lifting up to 10 pounds.
• Occasional: kneeling, crouching, climbing, walking on uneven ground, horizontal lift/carry up to maximum of 50 pounds with assistance, floor to waist up to 35 pounds and pushing/pulling maximum weight of 50 pounds of force.
• Operate computer and various office and medical equipment.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and communicable diseases.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Associate’s degree in business or related field; or two (2) years health care experience may be substituted for the educational requirement.
• Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or EMT training program.
• Current certification in Basic Life Support at the Healthcare Professional Level.
• In addition to the education requirement, two (2) years patient care experience, preferably in a physician practice setting.
• Experience to demonstrate:
o Knowledge and familiarity with computers and automated systems.
o Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Prior supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet