Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sole source accountable for all estimates and preconstruction efforts of the company. Promote growth through delegation at all levels, and maintain routine and thorough communication with the Company President and Operations Manager.
2. Review thoroughly all program and bid documents including required bid forms, plans, specifications, third party reports (soils reports, surveys, inspection reports, etc.), owner contract requirements and general conditions.
3. Conduct weekly company estimating meetings reviewing all preconstruction efforts presently under way as well as new opportunities expected.
4. Supervise and motivate other team members when assisting on preconstruction and bid efforts.
5. Develop and maintain historical company estimating information to improve accuracy of internal estimates.
6. Improve and maintain subcontractor relationships with company to obtain preferential pricing on project estimates. Maintain company subcontractor database by region.
7. Work with owner and developer teams to identify sites/existing buildings that will perform to the project?s required program and will result in efficient construction costs.
8. When required provide design and third-party RFP?s for project, obtain proposals and make recommendations to owner/developer for selection of design team.
9. Lead company preconstruction efforts inclusive of developing conceptual, design development and final estimates. Work with operational teams to develop value engineering ideas to make projects conform to owners proforma?s and budgets.
10. When necessary utilize Bid Tabs to fully analyze complex subcontractor quotes for accurate analysis of total estimated amounts.
11. Maintain costing databases to provide internal category estimates when necessary.
12. Lead entitlement efforts with design and operational teams interfacing with Jurisdictions responsible for Planning, Public Works and Building Permit Approvals.
13. Work with local jurisdictional parties to obtain estimated planning and permit fees, system development charges, school fees and developer impacts fees.
14. During Design Assist and/or Design Build efforts lead design teams thru the various design and permitting phases developing and maintaining design/entitlement/permitting schedules to ensure efficient construction starts (ground breaking).
15. Conduct regular design coordination meetings to keep the preconstruction effort on schedule.
16. Conduct comprehensive estimate handoff meetings with operational staff prior to construction start.
17. Assist operational teams when necessary on complex change order pricing.
18. Keep abreast of latest industry technologies that allow for more efficient construction techniques resulting in more competitive pricing. Coordinate outside vendors to come in and conduct ?Lunch & Learns? with company staff.
19. When required assist Operations Team with buyout of select project items due to specific knowledge gained when conducting the preconstruction and bidding efforts.
20. Keep management informed on all appropriate matters as to the progress of all preconstruction and bidding efforts.
21. Remember at all times that Morris, Inc. is a service business and the customers? needs are of primary importance.
22. Be knowledgeable of all Company policies regarding insurance, safety, labor relations, equal opportunity employment, taxes, and ensure that they are followed in performance of preconstruction and estimating efforts.
23. Responsible for follow up with all owners on estimates and efforts necessary to ?Win the Work?. 24. Recognize, report and solve problems in a creative, positive and constructive way and make recommendations for improvements in systems, procedures and policies.
At Morris Construction, we believe that every successful project is a collaborative effort of team members. From design, owner, tenant and contractor. If you like building and working in a team oriented environment, we have a great opportunity for you!
We believe rewards are not merely handed out, rather they are earned through performance and dedication to the projects at hand. Responsibility, challenge, enjoyment, a supportive work environment and a competitive compensation package awaits the right candidate.