Sparkies Kitchen & Bar – Prep Cook Job Description
Located in the beautiful Highland, Michigan lakes area, Sparkies invites you to join the team providing amazing food and service to our guests who are treated like family!
Prep Cook Job Summary:
The Prep Cook ensures the highest quality food is served at all times at Sparkies. The ideal candidate will accept responsibility for all aspects of their cooking station – sets up and stocks product, cooks and presents dishes according to the company’s recipes, cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools.
· Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace.
· Follows sanitation standards and procedures complying with legal regulations.
· Production of hot and cold dishes according to predetermined recipes. Portioning and attractive preparation of dishes.
· Provides foodstuff and utensils for Kitchen Manager by carrying pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stoves, and refrigerators.
· Maintains food quality by storing foods in designated areas, minimizing spoilage.
· Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions. Troubleshoots breakdowns, maintains supplies, and performs preventative maintenance.
· Maintains appropriate levels of needed dishes and utensils.
· Segregating and removing waste.
· Participates in recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber
- Trained in hands-on equipment maintenance
- Must be flexible regarding scheduling as it is based on business demands
- Lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Dependable transportation
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Minimum 1-year kitchen/prep experience preferred
Join Sparkies Kitchen & Bar in the Prep Cook position!