Hiring Assistant Medical Director
MHM Solutions has a rewarding op portunity for a Board Certified/Board Eligible INTERNAL or FAMILY Medicine Physician to join our dynamic team as the Assistant Medical Director at the Department of Correction in Harrisburg, PA . This position is the Assistant Director for the Department of Corrections. This position islocatedat their downtown Harrisburg office. We are seeking an Assistant Medical Director to providenon direct caremedical reviews, utilization and quality review of services.
In the state of Pennsylvania, MHM Services proudly serves as the statewide mental health provider to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Philadelphia Prison System (6 county jails), and, the staffing provider to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including all Pennsylvania state hospitals and other various branches of the Commonwealth.
This is a professional medical position in the adminstration and supervision of the medical care and treatment of the physically ill. This position assists the Department of Corrections (DOC) Chief of Clinical Services in overseeing the clinical medical care to inmates housed within 25 correctional institutions within the Commonwealth. This position is non-clinical and focuses on the Quality Improvement and Utilization Management functions.
- Assist the Chief of Clinical Services on multiple medical review teams to ensure quality medical care is being provided by the medical contractor: Statewide Quality Improvement Committee, Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, Mortality & Morbidty, and the monthly vendor meeting with the BHCS.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations regarding medical care provided by contracted physician and DOC nurses through the use of the Quality Improvement program, utilization management and the Grievance system.
- Provides consultation to a centralized Quality Improvement Committee, including but not limited to, inmate random record review of each SCI based upon focused diagnosis and compliance of treatment protocols, as assigned by the Chief of Clinical Services.
- Directs the selection and design of audits and monitors of medical practices, processes and outcomes in accordance with BHCS policies and in response to preceived problems and needs.
- Performs death reviews, medical utilization reviews, and inmate correspondence in consulation with CQI staff and Cheif of Clinical Services.
- Coordinates with the medical contractor to assure compliance with contracts and BHCS standards and policies in provision of care to inmates.
- Mortality, Death and Charts reviews
- Investigation of disease outbreaks
In the state of Pennsylvania, MHM Solutions proudly serves as the statewide mental health provider to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections, Philadelphia Prison System (6 county jails), and, the staffing provider to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including all Pennsylvania state hospitals and other various branches of the Commonwealth.
Hours per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Compensation: Highly Competitive Hourly Pay Rate
To learn more about this unique and rewarding practice opportunity,
ContactBrian Kremposky, In-House Recruiterat 407-544-3975 or email@example.com It will be time well spent! ( MHM Services and Centene is an EOE)
BC/BE Internal, Family, General and Occupational Medicine
Active and unrestricted Pennsylvania State Medical License
At Least 5 years experience, with 1 year management experience within last 3 years.