1) Provide senior level advanced planning for the installation team consisting of, but not limited to:
- Ship Change Documents (SCD) support
- Developing and initiating SCDs within Navy Data Environment (NDE) based on technical information from the program office and subject matter experts
- Reviewing fielding plans for SCD development requirements
- Supporting/resolving Technical Assessment Team (TAT) review comments
- Developing/Reviewing Cost Benefit Analysis
- Preparing/coordinating Risk Acceptance for installations in support of Continuous Maintenance Availabilities (CMAV) and Selected Restricted Availabilities (SRA)
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) certification review
- Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) review
- Configuration Control Boards (CCB) support of the review and approval of the modernization products
- Review Letters of Authorization (LOA), installation briefings on progress, status of changes, and coordinate with the program office as required
2) Review proposed engineering changes for development requirements and adjudicate with engineers and stakeholders for SCD development
3) Engage in Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure quality products are produced, with reviews completed and incorporated into follow on products
8-10 years of related configuration management experience.
- In depth knowledge of the U.S. Navy ship acquisition and modernization processes from concept definition through fleet delivery, including 3-5 years of experience with development of SCDs in the Navy Data Environment (NDE)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the latest versions of the Navy Modernization Process Management and Operations Manual (SL720-AA-MAN-030) and Fleet Modernization Program Management and Operations Manual (SL720-AA-MAN-010/020)
- Experience in reviewing ILS Certifications and ECPs/ECOs.
- Experience planning installations, including knowledge of surface ship installation requirements and applicable standards
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in a constantly shifting environment, while interacting with multiple activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Foster and maintain working relationships with representatives of outside organizations
- Availabilityto travel to meetings/conferences.
- Must have an active DODSecret Clearance.
- Proficient inMicrosoft Office Products to perform required functions.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.